Every holiday season, we focus on doing what we can to give the gifts of hope and freedom to child survivors and youth at-risk of sexual exploitation. This year, we need your help. We’re challenging you to spread some cheer while supporting children who need it the most.
Make a one-time or monthly donation– no contact required! With every dollar invested, you’re enabling OneChild to prevent the sexual exploitation of children by educating youth and adults, as well as helping to provide vital recovery services for survivors.
Want to do even more? We’ve compiled some cheerful ways to take action and make a difference this season.
Make a holiday Wreath
- How? With just a few materials, you can make any home ready for the holidays! You can purchase a wreath base from stores like Michaels and the Dollar Store (Hello curb-side pickup!). Or you can make your own base out of twigs or bendable-plastic strips. Grab a hot glue gun and get ready to get crafty! You’re also going to want to consider what you want to put on your wreath, which can be pine needles, pinecones, flowers, lights, or Christmas decorations.
- Raising awareness about child trafficking and OneChild can actually be fun and festive! By talking about the issue or posting your creations on social media and encouraging others to do the same, you’re helping spread the word! This is an important part of raising awareness because nobody can help fix an issue if they don’t know it exists. So? Post a picture of your creation on social media and tag us @OneChildNetwork then challenge your friends to get creative!
- Still confused? Watch our Youth Coordinator walk you through her creation https://youtu.be/RgUsszHYZtU
Gift Wrapping for Donations
- How? Some people simply love wrapping presents… if you’re one of those people, how about offering your skills to your friends and family?
- We’re sure that some busy people will be so grateful that they would love to give you a small donation to help you raise money for a great charity.
- Donate any funds raised through our website or by mail!
Help Out a Neighbour
- How? Tell people in your community that you’re hoping to gather donations for a great cause and how you can best help/support them from a distance. Little things go a long way! You could get their groceries, or help decorate their house, or maybe even shovel their driveway in exchange for a donation. Nothing brings cheer and holiday spirit like helping others!
- If you raise money, you can donate it through our website or send us a cheque via mail!
- Invite your neighbours to take part in a holiday decoration competition.
- How? Display a collection box with information about OneChild next to each house along with an invitation for passersby to vote for their favourite design through a small donation. The house that raises the most money for charity wins! There’s nothing quite like some friendly competition while raising money for a great cause. You can submit your donation through our website or send us a cheque via mail!
- Host an ugly sweater competition!
- How? Whether it is over zoom or in person, challenge your colleagues to wear their best or hilariously worst holiday sweater. Have everyone pitch in a dollar or two to avoid their usual attire and get festive instead! We guarantee some laughs while raising money for a great cause.
8865 Woodbine Avenue
Unit D3, Suite 124,
L3R 5G1 Canada
OneChild Network & Support Inc. is a registered Canadian charity: No. 831160544RR0001