Youth Advisory Squad
The Inaugural OneChild Youth Advisory Squad is looking for members! The 2019-2020 applications for this unique council are now open and we’re looking to fill all positions. The YAS runs from September 2019 – June 2020.
What’s the OneChild Youth Advisory Squad (YAS)?
The YAS is a youth-run council that meets once a month to advise OneChild on youth engagement opportunities, act as an ambassador for OneChild, and take action against the issue of child sex trafficking. This is a great opportunity for you to get hands-on experience when it comes to raising public awareness, advocacy, and fundraising to help support child survivors of sex trafficking. The OneChild YAS is a welcoming, open space to all youth with varying knowledge and experience with this issue. Each young leader who participates will also receive the OneChild YAS Scholarship!
YAS Member Opportunities
- Leadership Training
- Public Speaking Training
- Team building Skills
- Event Organization
- Fundraising, Advocacy & Awareness Raising
Roles and Responsibilities of a YAS Member
- Attend monthly meetings
- Present at special events, speak to the media, and your social media channels to push OneChild messages
- Work closely with other YAS members and OneChild staff to provide input into youth campaigns, tools, web content, social media, and events
- Run at least one awareness-raising or fundraising event at your school
- Participate in special projects when they arise
Applications Close – July 1, 2019, at 11:59 pm
In-Person Interviews – July 8-12, 2019
Successful Applicants Notified – August 1, 2019
Benefits of a YAS Member
- YAS Scholarship
- Personalized Reference Letter for future employment/education
- Strong leadership and networking skills
Are you eligible?
- Between the age of 14-18
- Living in Toronto or Greater Toronto Area
- Passionate about taking action against child sex trafficking
- Is willing to meet one weekend a month
- Interested in receiving the OneChild YAS Scholarship